Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Changes from Pleasnt Company to Mattel...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Junko Mizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most of the changes I have observed from the Pleasent Company to the Mattel products were in the dolls themselves...Like the hair and eye color; such as my 1987 Samantha has a much lighter colored hair, and a bit darker eye color than the new Samantha does. Another change I've noticed was in Felicitys meet dress. My 1991 Felicity's meet dress's pattern is much smaller and darker than my cousins new Felicitys dress is. The pattern on her Lissie's meet dress is much bigger and blotchier looking, and the colors are lighter. What other changes have you noticed?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Felicity has redder hair than the more recent Felicitys seem to have. Also, my PC dolls are a little plumper than my newer dolls. Overall, I think the quality of PC clothes, not to mention accessories, was much higher than it is now. Also, wooden furniture was much more obviously wood rather than the pressed wood material that's used now. There have been changes to the dish sets, Kirsten's being the best example, although generally I think the dishes remain among the best items. That's all I can think of off the top. Maybe others have more?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member diana conover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As I had queried before, I think that the newer AG dolls have much thinner wigs, and the texture of the wig "hair" itself seems thinner and silkier.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Junko Mizuno:
    My 1991 Felicity's meet dress's pattern is much smaller and darker than my cousins new Felicitys dress is. The pattern on her Lissie's meet dress is much bigger and blotchier looking, and the colors are lighter.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I ordered Felicity's dress as a replacement part, it should be here tomorrow...I think my older one (1995) is lighter than the new one. It's threadbare and stretched from all those years of play, so it's probably just faded. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm interested to see if the new one matches mini Felicity's dress more. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Also, on mattel dolls, their facial features are bigger, darker and more defined, even on BB's.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mamabird:
    As I had queried before, I think that the newer AG dolls have much thinner wigs, and the texture of the wig "hair" itself seems thinner and silkier.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I disagree. My 2004 Josefina and 2003 Felicity have MUCH thicker hair than my 1994 Molly. I like the way the newer dolls hair is so silky, it's easier to brush.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member EmilyStrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the board member who made that list was AnneMarie. The link is here
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...ic&f=2155&t=93

    I know that Samantha's Christmas dress has changed from a heart pattern on the lace to a flower pattern, but I think it happened before Mattel took over. I have pics of the difference here.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 24, 2004 04:37 PM: Message edited by: EmilyStrange ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by EmilyStrange:

    I know that Samantha's Christmas dress has changed from a heart pattern on the lace to a flower pattern, but I think it happened before Mattel took over. I have pics of the difference here.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It changed in 1989 and then it changed back again. The holiday catalog shows two different pictures of two different dresses. I like the heart lace one better and am trying to hunt one down. The one I have is bright red and has a lace collar.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lots of the changes have been listed with pictures on Meg's site.

    http://www.midnightmo.com/AGdolls/Co.../Main/main.htm

    It's not all of them, but many, and the pictures are so helpful! Thanks Meg!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone on this board came up with a HUGE list of changes which was very impressive but I don't remember who it was [img]frown.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Felicityexpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heres all the changes I know of:
    Felicity doll-original has redder hair and softer eyes.
    Noahs ark changed, later retired.
    Fashion doll: Original has spool head
    Kirsten, Samantha and Molly: Original dolls have white bodies, Goetz face molds and Made in West Germany tags.
    Kirstens tine: New one has more of a wood burn pattern.
    It has also been said that the material for the food has been changed for all the girls lunchs.
    Kirstens school dress: Original had a "division sign" pattern.
    Kirstens St. Lucia tray: handles changed.
    Kirstens quilt: Material has changed.
    Mama cat and kittens: original has real fur
    Kirstens sweater and hat: original handmade.
    Samantha acessories originally came with a real indian head penny.
    Samantha's Christmas dress: originally had different collar.
    Samantha's doll is different.
    Samantha's bed might have changed.
    Samantha case of paints from her summer amusements has changed, and was later retired.
    Molly's acessories originally came with a real steal penny.
    Molly's lunch originally came with ten paper bags.
    Molly's original Christmas dress had no buttons.
    Molly's original Christmas box had a different doll and the snowglobe was glass and wood (today it's plastic)
    Molly's Christmas stocking: Doll was orinally wooden, flip bok changed several times.
    Table & chairs: original was wooden. Party setting originally had table cloth.
    Bennet was originally made of real fur.
    Winter amusements changed

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 24, 2004 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Felicity+Addyfan ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •